Item requires a valid prescription
By RPG Life Sciences Ltd
Composition Spironolactone (50mg)
MRP Rs 63.75
Includes all taxes
( 1 Strip of 15 Tablets )
Aldactone is a member of a group of medicines called potassium sparing diuretics. It also functions as an anti-hypersensitive drug. It is used to treat certain conditions that arise due to problems in kidney and liver function and is majorly prescribed to treat excess fluid buildup in the body (oedema).
Uses / Indications:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from any kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- Consult your doctor if you have Addison’s disease, porphyria, high blood levels of potassium, abnormal periods, pass small amounts of urine or suffer from any other severe illnesses.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women are advised to consult a doctor and be cautious.
Drug-Food Interaction: Do not consume alcohol for the duration of consumption of Aldactone.
- Blood pressure lowering medicines (Captopril, Enalapril, Valsartan, Losartan)
- Diabetes (chlorpropamide)
- Heart conditions (Digoxin)
- Immunosuppressants (ciclosporin, tacrolimus)
- Corticosteroids like fludrocortisone
- Blood thinners (Warfarin)
- Potassium sparing diuretics
- Mental illnesses (Lithium)
- Anti-inflammatory (Aspirin)
- NSAIDs like indomethacin and mefenamic acid
- Potassium supplements
- Low blood pressure and heart conditions (Noradrenaline)
- Ulcers (carbenoxolone)
- Trimethoprim and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole combination